Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Toohey's Stag.

Probably the most well known of my icons and about fifteen years old now. Only just now been updated by England's icon master Chris Mitchell of Epic Icons...but it was about time. Initially I did many roughs exploring various directions for this one, and I was a bit disappointed that they chose this particular one as I thought others I did were better. In the end the client is always right and this is the design that was finalised and rolled out and which I have been seeing almost every day for all these years. The design community lampooned it somewhat in the beginning, but in the end I answered the brief. That's my job. In collaboration with designer Anthony Cody, another favourite client, who did the typography and design management whilst creative director at Sydney design firm Morton Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment