Thursday, November 25, 2010

Mishka Bear

Another icon for a liquor label working with designer Chris Travers. The thing with these is that after drawing a dozen bears, I take the one that is working the best and start reducing the detail until it becomes a simple graphic icon. With this one I could have refined and simplified it even further, but in so doing it loses something of the original idea. The trick is knowing when to stop. So this still retains some of the angular line work of the original thumbnail sketch.

7 comments:

  1. I would like to use this graphic on a project. What do I need to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cowboy. Unfortunately this image is currently owned by Woolworths Australia.

      Delete
    2. Thst stinks! I want to use on my wine label. I own De La Ossa Vineyard in Arizona. De La Ossa translates to: Of the Bear. It is the coolest one I have found. How do I contact them?

      Delete
    3. The copyright was sold to them for the life of the product. I am not aware that the product has been withdrawn. The ownership reverts back to me if that is the case seeing I am it's creator. I can't give you permission to use it. The image was commissions 11 years ago. So the people involved have probably moved on. You would need to call The Woolworths Group here in Australia +612 8885 0000. Or email brandingmanager@woolworthsgroup.com.au. I doubt they will give you permission.

      Delete
    4. I will look for another one. Thank you so much for the information. Very cool image!

      Delete